We are looking for a Business Development Representative to play a critical role in growing Lexion. As a BDR you will be on the front lines of our sales process. You will be responsible for driving revenue by researching and identifying prospects, contacting them, and delivering qualified leads to our sales team to close. In this role, you will represent Lexion to potential customers, work closely with leadership, and help shape our message. This is a rare chance to get in early on an exciting startup, and for high performers, an opportunity to grow into sales and marketing roles with greater scope.
- Research and identify potential prospects.
- Contact and follow up with prospects via calls, emails, and social channels.
- Set up qualified meetings and demos for sales.
- Participate in sales calls and demos.
- Maintain a CRM to track activity, and report on key metrics.
- Produce creative content for targeting prospects.
- Publish content through Lexion’s social channels.
- Become a Lexion subject matter expert and evangelist.
Ideal candidates will have an energetic, can-do attitude, and be excellent verbal and written communicators. They will be laser focused on delivering results by driving a high volume of outbound activities, while also remaining organized.
What we Look for
- Interest and enthusiasm for hunting for new business opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to strategically research and develop accounts for prospecting.
- Confidence and comfort with cold calling.
- Ability to produce content for emails with minimal oversight.
- Proficiency in time management and organization.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience in business-to-business sales at a tech company.
- Experience with selling to legal professionals.
What we Offer
- A fast-paced, inclusive and collaborative environment
- Build category-defining products
- Work with world class talent (ex Facebook, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, SurveyMonkey, The Allen Institute for AI).
- A chance to be an early member of the team, with equity to match
- Make an impact, and help make everyone more efficient at their job
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Salary range: $50,000 - $70,000 plus commission
Lexion is on a mission to automatically extract insights from any business document. Our software uses AI techniques to eliminate routine document review work for legal, finance, and operations teams, freeing them to focus on higher value tasks. Founded at the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, our team is comprised of a unique combination of: world class natural language processing experts; seasoned large-scale product product builders; and veterans of Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, SurveyMonkey and more.