Lexion is seeking a contract manager or attorney who is passionate about improving how contracts are managed and also looking for a non-traditional way to apply their contract, legal, and tech skills in a fast-growing legal technology startup! We’re on a mission to help in-house legal departments be more productive, happy, and valued with fantastic technology, and we’re searching for someone who is passionate about this mission.
In this role you will report directly to our Chief Legal Officer Jessica Nguyen and be a key partner to our Sales and Customer Success team by helping prospective and existing customers learn how Lexion solves their unique task and contract management, analysis, and reporting challenges. You’ll provide a technical demonstration of Lexion that showcases your knowledge of the various ways Lexion will help solve their department, contract, and business challenges.
In this role you will:
- Be taught everything you need to know about Lexion and the contract management space.
- Become a technical expert of Lexion.
- Run product demonstrations to prospective and existing customers.
- Review contract clauses and collaborate with our AI and data modeling team to improve our AI models.
- Serve as an important liaison between our marketing, product, customer success, and sales teams.
- Enable our sales teams with product collateral.
- Stay up to date on latest developments within the legal industry.
- Work alongside our Chief Legal Officer and product and engineering team to help influence the product roadmap.
- Inform sales about the key features and benefits of new product releases and why customers will care about them.
You don't have to check all the boxes, but we believe these are helpful skills and experiences for this role:
- Desire to learn how to use your skills in new ways.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in negotiating and managing contracts for an in-house legal department.
- You have experience implementing and working with a contract management system.
- Be able to present with confidence to executives, peers, customers, and partners.
- You are undaunted by a startup environment (high ambiguity, high urgency, fast-paced, low support structure), and eager to be part of building something new and important.
- Be able to rapidly grasp complex technical details and potential use cases for technology/innovation across industry/technology domains and develop deep product expertise.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to work across multiple cross-functional teams.
- Bonus points if you have a law degree.
What we offer:
- A fast-paced, inclusive and collaborative environment
- Build category-defining products
- Work with world class talent (ex Facebook, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, SurveyMonkey, The Allen Institute for AI).
- A chance to be an early member of the team, with equity to match
- Make an impact, and help make everyone more efficient at their job
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO policy
Lexion is an incredibly easy to use contract management system, powered by AI. We’re on a mission to make legal teams highly productive and happy, by accelerating contract review and eliminating busywork through automation and AI. We use best in class natural language processing technologies to make it 100x easier for legal teams to find what’s in their contracts and automatically stay organized. Best of all, Lexion’s email-centric approach, and legacy contract onboarding, makes implementation and adoption easy. We built Lexion at Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen’s artificial intelligence research institute (AI2) and are backed by the same investors that funded OpenAI (Khosla Ventures), helped launch Amazon (Madrona Venture Group), and have advised Google (Wilson Sonsini). With a top notch and experienced team from Microsoft, Facebook, Google, and Amazon, we built a company that CB Insights ranked the #1 most promising AI legal tech startup in the world two years in a row (2020, 2021). Most importantly, fantastic brands trust Lexion to manage their contracts: Outreach, OfferUp, Blue Nile, and many more.